This is made with the No-Knead White Bread Recipe (and adapted from Bread Toast Crumbs) – Seriously addictive and great for sandwiches!!
- Half a batch of no-knead white bread dough
- 4 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp of chopped fresh rosemary
- Sea salt – about 1 tsp or more to taste
1. Heat oven to 425°F.
2. Pour 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil onto a 11×17 pan or a cookie sheet (I like the
11 x 17 pan better as the focaccia is thicker and better for slicing lengthwise for
3. Take white bread dough out of the refrigerator and cut a batch in half. Drop it in the
pan, roll it in the olive oil, and let it rest for 1 hour. If it hasn’t been refrigerated yet and
has finished its 1st 2-hour rest on the counter, it only needs to rest for another 20 minutes.
4. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the dough and use your fingertips to stretch and
press the dough to the edges, leaving it intentionally dimply. If your dough resists being
stretched all the way, get it as stretched as you can, wait 5 minutes, and return to
stretch it the rest of the way, repeating this rest if needed. You can see from my picture
on the recipe page that I don’t worry too much about it stretching to the edges!
5. Sprinkle all over with rosemary and sea salt and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, checking in
on the earlier end, until lightly puffed on top and golden and crisp underneath.